County Durham Housing Group as parent in a group structure is responsible for its subsidiaries Dale & Valley Homes, Durham City Homes and East Durham Homes.
The group is one of the largest housing associations in the north east of England. We take pride in putting tenants at the heart of what we do and making them part of our journey to provide better housing services, homes and communities.
Part of this is knowing our landscape. County Durham Housing Group covers 862 square miles, from the very rural west, to the hustle and bustle of Durham city centre, and the magnificent coastline in the east. With our diverse setting, we place a great amount of emphasis on providing a local housing service to fit local housing needs.
We are seeking applications for:
1. An Operations Committee member who is a tenant with East Durham Homes.
2. An Operations Committee member who is a tenant with Durham City Homes
This committee has responsibility for reviewing the performance and service delivery of the group’s housing, customer services, property services and customer-facing functions.
The successful candidates will be appointed on the basis of their skills and we are particularly interested in applications from those who can demonstrate skills in one or more of the below areas:
- Customer and community perspective: Experience of community led and social enterprise organisations, customer engagement and participation and community development.
- Service improvement: Understands service delivery, and service improvement and has experience of using data analytics or customer segmentation to understand County Durham Housing Group’s customer. Ability to identify under-
performing areas and provide challenge to proposed improvement strategies.
- Adaptability: Is able to quickly and successfully respond to changing internal and external circumstances.
- Regulation: Understands the requirements of the current regulatory environment and their effect on the organisation.
Committee members are remunerated at £1,749 per annum.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Andrew Traynor, Head of Business Assurance and Group Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday, 17 November 2017. Interviews will be held on 29 and 30 November, 2017.
To apply please contact the Governance Team on 0191 3497688 or email: email@example.com.