Christmas is an opportune time for criminals so don’t make things easy for them and keep you and your family safe with the following tips:
- Don’t display gifts near a window
- Draw your curtains when you go out at night
- Don’t leave valuables and shopping on display in your car
- Keep wallets, purses, mobile phones and iPads out of sight and bags secure, especially in crowded places
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash, and be vigilant when drawing money from ATMs
- Keep your PIN number safe, do not disclose to anyone or carry with your card
- Make sure any callers to your home are genuine by always asking for ID.
And remember, if you witness a crime in action always call the police on 999.